Results 1 to 2 of 2

Thread: Doing sound with camcorder, good idea?

  1. #1
    Inactive Member Nolan's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 14th, 2000
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi there. I know this is a super8 forum but my new project will be shot on 16mm. This is the first time I'm doing some dialogue. I have a Canon ZR20, and am going to record the dialogue with it. Is it wise to use the camera's built in mic or should I use an external mic to record sound? Good thing is that there won't be a ton of dialogue, but I'm more worried about sound quality than how the audio will sync up with the telecined footage, any suggestions?

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Scotness's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 24th, 2002
    Posts
    57
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Use the best mic you can - and something highly directional too - it will make alot of difference. Sennheisers seem to be standard for proffessional sound recording.

    Scot

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •